You can’t just be keto and expect everything else to fall into place. There is so much more to your health and happiness journey. Today, we go beyond keto with Daniele Della Valle to see what else is out there. Find out what more needs to be done in order to truly get to your place of health and happiness.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why ‘skinny’ doesn’t mean ‘healthy’
- Why it’s so much more important to focus on healing your body than to just focus on losing weight
- How to get started on that path to finding your happy weight
- Why working with an NTP is really important
- What society is telling us about health
- What self-love means and tips on self-love practices that women should do
- It doesn’t matter if your body changes in how it looks, what matters is what’s going on internally.
- You have to alter your environment in order to alter your mental state.
- Bodies can change, they can fluctuate throughout time, but we have to be proud of our body no matter what size it is.
- If we don’t think of this as a mental health journey as much as it is a physiological health journey, then the delineation is what gets us completely off track.
- When we’re so focused on a number on the scale, that number becomes the goal instead of focusing on losing the toxins that are in the body.
- If we take a more scientific approach to our health, it’s to focus on the things that are actual tangible goals. It’s a completely different approach that we could take that helps us to understand how the mechanism is actually working.
- If we don’t have a grasp of the mechanism, then we give that number on the scale power. It controls us. It is our bearer of truth when there is actually no truth in that.
- You have an opportunity to change the life around you so that you don’t have to feel like weight loss is your only goal in life.
- Focus on being healthy. Take your hormone tests every three to six months and your vitamin/mineral tests and heavy metal toxicity test, and focus on the results.
- Get rid of your scale if you know that you have an unhealthy relationship with it.
- Confront the people that you have unhealthy conversations with and set boundaries.
- Look at yourself naked in the mirror and think about the thoughts and emotions that come up to you at that moment. What are you thinking? Are you saying terrible things to yourself or are you saying kind things? And would you say the same things to other people?
- Elevate to your true self. Get your toe wet into change and self-care. Find what you really, actually like.
I will be running only one more Fat Burning Female Project for 2018, and that’s the September class coming very soon. So if you’ve ever wanted to be a Fat Burning Female, grab this chance to get in the project at its current price instead of the new price in 2019. The one-day enrollment will be on September 4, so mark your calendars and sign up to get notified by email as soon as enrollment opens.
I will also be doing another webinar coming up on August 31 at 11 a.m. MST. It’s completely free, so if you want to be a part of that, stay tuned for more information on how to sign up.
“The problem is that we get so focused on the way our body looks that we normalize mental health issues and we normalize endocrine collapse… And so that’s the messed up part of our culture is that we actually let our bodies fall apart because we’re so focused on that number.”
“True body love is loving every aspect of your body? that’s the goal that we should be trying to reach, is being able to tap into ourselves and absolutely have that connection to listen to our body and know what it needs instead of determining our day by stepping on that scale.
Rasa Koffee – Use the code ketowomen10 and get 10% off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
Resource mentioned in the show:
More from Daniele Della Valle:
Daniele’s Instagram: @danieledellavallentp
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.