What strategies can we implement to keep our hormones healthy at every age? Find out how we can maximize our female health and use a keto diet to do so as we kick off our BEST OF Keto for Women Show episodes by throwing it all the way to Episode 7 with Jackie Eberstein.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How a woman’s hormonal changes throughout life affect metabolism and weight
- Why it’s so important to support your adrenals, pancreas, and liver as a woman
- The importance of cholesterol for female hormone health
- The blood sugar/hormone connection
- Keto for menopause
- The impact of stress in every stage
- Weight loss resistance and hormones
- When there are significant hormone changes, there can be an increase in insulin resistance, which is the first stage of what can ultimately become type II diabetes and a sign of carbohydrate intolerance.
- Ketones have had such a bad rep especially in the medical profession because they don’t understand the difference between ketoacidosis and nutritional ketosis, but nutritional ketosis has so many benefits.
- Almost every chronic illness such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease has an inflammatory component, so cutting carbs enough and keeping your blood sugar stable play a role in anti-inflammatory processes in the body.
- Cholesterol is the first building block of your hormones. And interestingly enough, there is research that shows that elderly women live longer if their cholesterol is higher.
- Having high cholesterol is not a disease, it’s actually more of a symptom of your body needing something.
- Have a healthy lifestyle and normalize your weight.
- Support your adrenals, pancreas, and liver.
- Keep your blood sugar stable. Find your level of carbs that are going to keep your blood sugar and insulin levels normal.
- Stop comparing how you lose weight once you’re in your 40s to how you used to lose weight when you were younger. And never compare yourself to how men lose weight.
- Get your testosterone levels tested and talk to your doctor about it.
If you don’t want to wait until summer to get on The Fat Burning Female Project, consider getting on the self-study option. It’s always available if you want to get started right now.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“If you can think of the way your hormones work, they all communicate with each other. So if one group of hormones are really starting to go a bit haywire, that may have a ripple effect to your [other hormones].”
“Follow your inches, not the scale… The scale is the least accurate reflection of fat loss.”
- Phat Fudge – Use the code SHAWN for 10% off your order.
- Primally Pure – Use the code KETO4WOMEN for 10% off your order.
More from Jackie Eberstein
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.