Do you have any misconceptions about the keto diet? In this installment of the BEST OF Keto for Women series, we’re taking it back to Episode 14 where I talk about the top 10 misconceptions of the ketogenic diet that I debunked. Let’s dive in!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Shawn’s Top 10 Keto Misconceptions
- Following the keto diet and fasting don’t go hand in hand. In fact, a lot of women do better when they don’t fast.
- The keto diet does not equal eating only 20 grams of carbs.
- It’s okay to snack when you’re on the keto diet.
- If you’re getting hangry, then it likely means that you’re probably still working on becoming keto-adapted, and you’re probably not eating enough fat to do so.
- It’s not a surefire thing that just because you start producing ketones you’re going to lose weight.
- Fruits and vegetables shouldn’t be demonized in the keto diet world.
- You don’t need to go on a calorie-restricted diet while following the keto diet.
- Don’t just have bulletproof coffee or some fatty drink for breakfast but add something in like hard-boiled eggs or a few strips of bacon, or even a little cup of chia seed pudding to make it a complete meal.
- Load up your plate with vegetables. They are also the best way to get more fat into your diet.
- See how your body reacts with dairy. Try to eliminate dairy from your diet for four weeks and add it back in and then see how you feel or if there is any change in your body.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“If you’re following the rules and it’s not going right, then you’re not abiding by your body, you’re not finding out your own information. Especially as you move beyond the point of becoming a fat burner… then you start having the ability to find it out for yourself.”
“The best place for women to be to heal their bodies and then see weight loss if you need weight loss is going to be around 2,000 calories.”
- Primally Pure – Use the code KETO4WOMEN for 10% off your order.
- Phat Fudge – Use the code SHAWN for 10% off your order.
Past episode mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Keto For Mental Health: Using A High-Fat, Low-Carb Diet For Alzheimer’s, Depression, and Anxiety with Amy Berger, MS, CNS, NTP — #013
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.