How much fat do we need to eat to be keto? Do we really need to eat high fat to be keto? How reliable are the studies being done on keto? If these questions have been running through your mind, then you’ve come to the right podcast!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The reasons why I believe eating a high-fat diet is necessary to get into ketosis, stay in ketosis, and reap the benefits of ketosis.
- The 4 ways you can get into ketosis.
- Why eating fat to satiety doesn’t work for most women.
- How The Fat Burning Female Project can help you in your keto journey.
- Julie Sternberg’s keto success story as a Fat Burning Female.
- No studies have been done specifically looking at the need for a certain percentage of fat in order to get into ketosis.
- Studies are not the most reliable source of information. When you can find a study that proves something, you can just as easily find a study that disproves it.
- To get a female body into ketosis, it does need high fat for a period of time. However, saying “high fat” doesn’t always mean 90% fat. It’s different for everybody, especially for the long term.
- The higher your fat intake at the induction phase of ketosis, the quicker you will get into ketosis. When you get into ketosis and you continue that high-fat trend, your body will adapt faster so you become a quicker fat burner.
- Take the time, in the beginning, to increase your fat intake to make your transition into ketosis a lot easier.
- Make sure you start doing keto correctly.
- If you’re already in ketosis, start doing keto in a safer, smarter approach.
I just want to remind you guys that the next round of The Fat Burning Female Project is happening in July. The one-day enrolment takes place on July 2nd and the class starts on July 9th. If you are interested in joining, make sure to click on the link and sign up to be on the email list so you can get a notification once the enrolment opens.
You also the have option to join The Fat Burning Female Self-Study, which you can enroll in anytime. If you’re not quite up to joining The Fat Burning Female Project just yet, this one might suit you better.
I have also decided to do a video series called Keto Roadblocks for the woman who is already in ketosis but not experiencing the benefits of being in ketosis. So if that’s you, you can go ahead and watch the videos, and I hope that you can gain more clarity and more reasons to look into your own body.
As always, if you have any questions that you would like for me to answer, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. You can also email me your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Keto Hot Seat” as your headline and I will make sure to get the answers out to you.
“Seeing so many cases of women not increasing their fat enough, just lowering their carbs and protein, and not getting into ketosis? seeing how much damage can be done in that low carb purgatory place, right there, leads me to know we’ve got to increase the fat.”
“You will get to a point where you will have a lot of options and a lot of flexibility within keto and you’ll stay in ketosis. But I have never found that to be the case for someone right off the bat, especially a woman.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – Use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
TRIBALI Foods – Use the coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order.
ButcherBox – Get free bacon for life when you order.
Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Stephen D. Phinney and Jeff S. Volek
- High-fat Studies:
- Low-Carbohydrate Diets: Nutritional and Physiological Aspects
- Medical Aspects of Ketone Body Metabolism
- Ketogenic Low-Carbohydrate Diets Have No Metabolic Advantage Over Nonketogenic Low-Carbohydrate Diets
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.