How can we break away from the diet mindset? And why is it important that we do? In this installment of the Keto Hot Seat, we answer your diet mindset questions and dive more into the role that this mindset plays in our relationship with food, our bodies, and our health.
Questions Answered in this Episode:
- Why doesnâ€™t it seem to be working no matter how hard I try to lose weight with keto?
- What if you actually need to lose weight? How do you lose weight without a diet mindset?
- How can you go about working on a healthier weight without becoming obsessive?
- How do you know when to move on from what youâ€™re doing because it has stopped working? What is the next move and when do you make it?
- Why is losing the diet mindset so freeing?
- Weight is a symptom, not the problem. Itâ€™s simply a signal that your body is giving that something else is awry.
- Forcing keto to work versus allowing keto to work is a matter of your ego talking versus your intuition talking.
- Your diet ego is not going to outsmart your body and your intuition. The harder you try, the harder your body will fight back.
- You canâ€™t do anything else until you understand whatâ€™s going on in your head and understand whoâ€™s talking — is it your ego or your intuition?
- Your intuition should be louder than your ego.
- There are a lot of things that you can focus on instead of weight that align with your higher purpose and will eventually get you there if thatâ€™s what you want.
- Understand that what you have learned about dieting is coming from a $78 billion industry thatâ€™s making tons of money by creating this diet ego in you.
- â€œDietingâ€ actually causes weight gain because it increases your set point to where your body feels comfortable and naturally safe.
- The end goal is not only for us to understand whatâ€™s going on in our heads and whatâ€™s been done to us by the diet industry over the years, but to get more people on board to getting rid of the diet mindset.
- Get rid of the assumption that your weight is directly correlated with your food.
- Instead of just aiming to lose weight and thinking thatâ€™s whatâ€™s going to cause your health changes, aim for the health changes. As you get healthier and as things come into alignment with your health and balance, your body eventually sheds the unnecessary weight.
- When it comes to your health, do your own research and be your own advocate.
- When it comes to losing weight, focus on how youâ€™re trying to make things happen. Donâ€™t let your diet ego do the talking.
- Call a truce with your body and fully accept the weight youâ€™re at right now.
- Use your bigger WHY as a guiding force to why youâ€™re trying to make some changes, including your weight.
- Get rid of your limiting beliefs.
- Practice self-love.
- Stop looking to food and diet to â€œworkâ€. Just eat what your body wants and needs. Be intentional with your food and enjoy it. Pay attention to what youâ€™re consuming and how it feels and let your body guide you.
Be on the lookout for my new monthly coaching call series, Empower Intensive! Theyâ€™re going to be on very specific topics about your diet, your body, and your health mindset and how all of that is holding you back from what you really want.
If this piques your interest, join us on September 3, 2019, at 5 PM Mountain Standard Time if you want to be there live. If you canâ€™t make it that day, no worries. As long as youâ€™re registered, you will get everything that comes with the course.
â€œWhen it comes to mindset, itâ€™s important to remember that nobody has your answerâ€¦ Everybodyâ€™s story is a little different, including oursâ€¦ Really, itâ€™s up to you to find your own solution and your own answer. Anybody who says they have it for you should be a red flag.â€
â€œAll weâ€™re teaching you how to do is find your own answers by using your own body. Your bodyâ€™s signals and guidance and clues — that is invaluable. And we’re all so out of touch with that, we donâ€™t even realize it.â€
Resources mentioned in the show:
- ButcherBox – Until September 29, 2019, you get 2 lbs of ground beef for FREE in every single box you order for the lifetime of your subscription, plus $20 off.
- Native – Get 20% off your first purchase when you use the promo code keto4women at checkout.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-StudyÂ
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.