Welcome to another edition of the Keto Hot Seat! This time we tackle all your questions about your thyroid and your adrenals, which are things that are really important to talk about. If you’re someone who cares about the status of your health and your body, it’s really beneficial to know what’s going on with your hormones, your thyroid, and your adrenals.
Questions Answered in this Episode:
- What test should you have done to check for thyroid issues?
- What are the ways to tell you’re having issues with your thyroid and adrenals?
- What should you do if your thyroid levels are all good but you have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- What do high reverse T3 and thyroglobulin antibodies mean?
- When you have Hashimoto’s and your antibodies went up but your thyroid hormones are improving, what could be going on?
- What are the best ways to treat adrenal fatigue?
- What are some suggestions to help your adrenals rebound?
- Is it alright to do intermittent fasting when you have adrenal issues?
- Does time-restricted eating and/or fasting stress the thyroid if you have Hashimoto’s?
- How can you know if what you’re doing is helping or hurting your adrenals and thyroid?
- 4 reasons why, when you’re under stress, your thyroid takes a hit.
- When you have perceived stress in your body, your adrenals are called into play to handle that. And when that happens, your body slows down all other processes that aren’t absolutely needed in order to deal with that stressor, including your thyroid hormone output.
- As the stress becomes more chronic, it leads to an overall consistent slowing down of your thyroid.
- Stress causes inflammation, which causes your body to decrease overall thyroid hormone production.
- When stress is high, you convert more T4 to reverse T3.
- Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease which causes a low-functioning thyroid. On the other hand, hypothyroidism is having a low-functioning thyroid, but it has nothing to do with the autoimmune system.
- Adrenal dysfunction causes low cortisol, which then results in under-functioning thyroid.
- Symptoms of adrenal dysfunction include the following:
- Being over your happy, healthy weight, especially around the middle, and weight loss resistance.
- Difficulty falling asleep or inability to have good sleep.
- Poor immunity.
- Chronic exhaustion.
- Poor emotional, mental or physical resilience.
- Feeling tired and wired.
- Episodes of low blood sugar.
- Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
- Poor mental function, concentration, or memory problems.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Symptoms of hypothyroidism include the following:
- Increased sensitivity to cold.
- Dry skin.
- Weight gain.
- Puffy face.
- Muscle weakness.
- Muscle aches, tenderness, and stiffness.
- Pain and stiffness in your joints.
- Irregular menstrual cycles.
- Hair loss.
- Slowed heart rate.
- Depressions and mood swings.
- Impaired memory and brain fog.
- Possibly, but not always, an enlarged thyroid gland.
- Work on your adrenal health and understand more about your thyroid.
- Look at your immune system as it relates to your thyroid.
- Do everything you can to let your body know it is safe.
- Think outside the box of what could potentially be causing you stress and look into lifestyle factors.
Don’t miss signing up for the live Empower Intensive coaching session on 8th October 2019 where we’re going to talk all about body image. If you can’t make it live, as long as you register, you can watch or listen to the recording and get everything else that comes along with it.
If you want to be a part of the beta test for the new class I’m cooking up, sign up here to get notified and get a spot on the course.
“I think we can all agree that this adrenal dysfunction problem is a modern problem because our lives are getting so stressful. We do have so much stimulus.”
“At a minimum, everyone should be required to take ten deep breaths at some point throughout their day. Just that helps so much.”
- Bombas – Save 20% off your purchase.
- Care/Of – Get 25% off your first order with the coupon code keto4women.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.