How can you move past self-limiting beliefs when it comes to losing weight? Intuitive hypnotherapist and author Jill Thomas talks about the mindset shifts you need to make for losing weight and realizing your lifestyle and wellness goals.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Jill’s personal story about losing weight
- Hitting rock bottom and learning to love yourself
- The things outside of food that cause people to gain weight
- The hard work of healing yourself
- Using hypnotherapy to lose weight
- The self-sabotage that happens when trying to lose weight
- Sugar cravings and sugar addiction
- Using hypnotherapy to heal addiction
- How meditations help with sugar cravings
- When you learn to love yourself, you start to see your body as sacred. You’re less likely to want to put things into it that poison your body.
- When you get to a place where you love yourself, everything changes, everything gets better.
- Emotional eating and emotional spending are the same problems.
- There’s a mourning process when you have to change your diet.
- Counseling or getting a coach can really be helpful because it provides that outsider’s perspective to the self-sabotage that happens when you’re trying to lose weight.
- Healing your mind requires love.
- There’s no product to sell you when it comes to healing your mind. Companies love making you think that you’re unattractive at your weight because it makes you want to buy stuff.
- Sugar is highly addictive, and the only way around a sugar addiction is to stop eating it.
- Learn to love yourself.
- Change your self-image through hypnotherapy or self-hypnosis. Practice being confident and powerful now.
- Handle your emotions in a healthy way instead of letting them handle you.
- Come up with an affirmation every time you catch yourself being negative about yourself and your body.
- Stop eating sugar.
“[Losing weight] isn’t just about the food. If it was about the food, we would all succeed, because if you can set the emotions aside, you can actually stick to a plan and not feel bad when you can’t have cake at a birthday party.”
“Loving myself didn’t mean giving up on being healthy. It meant coming from a place of love rather than a place of hate.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Books by Jill Thomas
- BetterHelp – Get 10% off your first month using the discount code keto.
- Native – Get 20% off your first purchase when you use the promo code keto4women at checkout.
More from Jill Thomas:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.