Are you someone who is dealing with autoimmune issues? How does keto help to heal, manage or even reverse it? Find out as Cristina Curp shares her own story of being healed from autoimmune diseases and her knowledge about keto as it relates to autoimmune health.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The autoimmune protocol (AIP) and what you can get from doing it
- Overcoming Food fear and reintroducing certain foods in your diet
- Coming out of the keto closet and the benefits of going full-force keto
- Finding food freedom in the keto lifestyle
- The emotional aspect of healing
- Foods are going to affect you in different ways. It’s not always going to be your autoimmune disease and it’s not always going to be your leaky gut; it can be other things going on in your body.
- You can change the shape of your body and it doesn’t matter what number comes up on the scale. Building muscle is important. Focus on getting strong.
- When you eat the right foods that are giving you energy and giving you fuel and you go into the gym feeling your best, you’re going to feel how capable you are. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.
- Troubleshoot your diet.
- Take your focus away from losing weight.
- Embrace what your body can do and what it’s there for.
As always, if you have any questions that you would like for me to answer, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. You can also email me your questions at email@example.com with “Keto Hot Seat” as your headline and I will make sure to get the answers out to you.
“All programs have their merit but I always encourage people to tweak as needed because it doesn’t matter how well a program is written; unless you’re working one on one with someone, it’s not going to be specific for you.”
“Having those muscles in place, it’s really the fountain of youth. It’s so important so you don’t get injuries and stay agile, and be able to move if you get older.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – Use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
TRIBALI Foods – Use the coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order.
ButcherBox – Get free bacon for life when you order.
Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- The Hidden Plague by Tara Grant
- No Fail Fat Burning for Women by Skye St. John, Michelle Burleson, and Lisa Mecham (Editor)
- Made Whole by Cristina Curp
More from Cristina Curp:
Cristina’s Instagram: @thecastawaykitchen
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.