In today’s episode, we’re going to tackle a topic that I find absolutely fascinating and something that I think we all really need to pay more attention to. Our special guest Miriam Kalamian will help us get the knowledge we need under our belts. And whether or not cancer will be something that will affect us down the road, I hope we can all take this topic to heart.
- Miriam’s personal cancer story
- How Dr. Thomas Seyfried’s research about keto for cancer helped Miriam’s son
- How the ketogenic diet helped Raffi improve his condition
- What improvements were they able to observe in Raffi when switched to a ketogenic diet
- What made Miriam decide to study more about the ketogenic diet
- How does the ketogenic diet help fight cancer?
- What is the extra benefit of keto over low carb?
- Keto as a tool in the toolbox for those with cancer
- Is there a difference in a cancer patient’s ketogenic diet versus someone who’s just doing it for health benefits?
- Is there ever a need for exogenous ketones in cancer patients?
- When exogenous ketones are helpful
“There’s an explosion of new information out there now and you still have to glean the nuances of cancer from what’s happening in the whole wider keto world.” ? Miriam Kalamian
“I have not seen any evidence that a ketogenic diet on its own will knock out cancer.” ? Miriam Kalamian
If you are someone at the Nutritional Therapy Association Conference happening at the moment, maybe you’re listening to me right now and seeing me in person at the same time! I am one of the speakers at the NTA Conference and I will be on a panel with my friends Jimmy Moore and Leah Williamson of the Low-Carb Conversations podcast. We will talk about how to help people comply with a low-carb/ketogenic diet followed by a Q&A session with the audience. Make sure catch me in the chat if you are there!
Afterwards, I will be over to Mallorca, Spain for the second round of The Low Carb Universe Conference. This one, specifically for keto ladies only! I will be doing a talk on Keto for Hormones, so for those of you who are going to be there, I would love to meet all of you!
Be on the lookout for my breakdown of these conferences in future episodes!
More From Miriam
Miriam’s Facebook | Twitter
Keto for Cancer
The Charlie Foundation
Care Oncology Clinic
Low Carb USA
More from Shawn Mynar
The Fat Burning Female Project
Best Ketone Test Kit
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – use coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.