If you wanted to go to the KetoCon 2018 but couldn’t make it, don’t be dismayed! I recorded this episode especially for you! Fresh from the KetoCon, let me give you a recap of my trip and share takeaways from some of the talks that I found really helpful, as well as talk about the vendors that I loved. Enjoy!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The power of keto success stories
- Getting out of the keto closet
- The KetoCon 2018 talks
- Mental health and keto
- Oxidative priority
- Resistance-trained athletes and lean body mass hyper-responders
- The journey towards self-discovery and finding freedom in keto
- The results you’re looking for when you’re doing keto
- Anxiety and depression and how they are related to ketosis
- The first thing your body is always going to burn off is alcohol. So as soon as you have alcohol, no matter how much you’re making ketones, your body is going to burn the alcohol instead of the ketones.
- Everything else could be going right and you could be doing every other thing perfectly, but if you’re stressed and your cortisol is dysregulated, things are not going to turn out well.
- Studies have shown that people who have elevated blood sugar are two times more likely to develop depression and anxiety.
- Don’t give up but keep looking for answers for whatever problem, disease or condition that you have.
- Cut off or cut down alcohol, find your protein sweet spot, keep your carbs low, and use fat to satiety (unless you are transitioning into ketosis).
- Test your carb tolerance and/or your protein tolerance, and add carb ups throughout the week or whenever it feels necessary.
- Test for food sensitivities and work on healing your gut.
I just want to remind you guys that the next round of The Fat Burning Female Project is happening in July. The one-day enrolment takes place on July 2nd and the class starts on July 9th. So if you are interested in joining, make sure to click on the link and sign up to be on the email list.
You also the have option to join The Fat Burning Female Self-Study, which you can enrol in anytime. So if you’re not quite up to joining The Fat Burning Female Project just yet, this might be a good fit for you.
As always, if you have any questions that you would like for me to answer, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. You can also email me your questions at email@example.com with “Keto Hot Seat” as your headline and I will make sure to get the answers out to you.
“I think for a lot of people, they are so much more inspired and everything is so much more confirmed by the stories, by just hearing people’s stories of success and total transformation on a huge level. That stuff cannot be denied.”
“Powerful ? it’s such a perfect word to describe what’s going on here in the keto community. And it’s not going anywhere, it’s just getting started. And we’re really at the tip of the iceberg right now, I feel. There’s going to be so much more out there.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – Use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
TRIBALI Foods – Use the coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order.
ButcherBox – Get free bacon for life when you order.
Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order.
KetoCon 2018 speakers mentioned in the show and their websites:
Carrie Brown: https://carriebrown.com/
Maria Emmerich: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/
Ryan Lowery: https://ketogenic.com/about/
Jimmy Moore: http://www.livinlavidalowcarb.com/
Leanne Vogel: https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/
Ali Miller: https://www.alimillerrd.com/
Past episode mentioned:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.