What’s your motivation for doing healthy things? With the holiday season just around the corner, how you can stay motivated to choose healthy and live healthy? If you’re one of those people who use changing your body as your motivator, find out how to save yourself from self-sabotage and get out of that mindset.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What motivates people to do healthy things
- The reason why so many people fall victim to self-sabotage
- The definition of motivation
- When motivation becomes unnecessary
- The kinds of motivation that you should have
- Rather than being motivated to do healthy things for the reason of changing your body, your motivation should be changing your mindset.
- Motivation is the reason(s) one has for acting or behaving in a particular way. It’s the general desire or willingness of someone to do something.
- “Changing your body” as your motivation doesn’t stick. Life will derail it, and it’s rocky at best.
- Motivation is not necessary when you’re able to fully trust and understand and enjoy your life and your body with your intuitive sense.
- Instead of needing a driver or motivator to eat healthy and not make “mistakes” this holiday season, we can have a driver to listen to our bodies.
- Your motivator should be something internal, something rock solid, something you want to feel.
- Keto can be the bridge from dieting to intuitive eating.
- Make changing your mindset your motivation.
- Consider the making following your motivations:
- To live a life of freedom, peace, ease, and clarity around every single thing that you do, especially the food that you put on your plate.
- To never have to rely on external motivators (e.g. to lose 10 pounds, to look better in a bathing suit, to have more toned arms, etc.)
- To feel confident about your choices.
- To not have to follow another program made for someone else’s body.
- To learn how to listen to your body and trust your intuition.
- Expand your horizons when it comes to how you get your motivation.
- Change your motivator from “How do you want to look?” to “How do you want to feel?”
- Evaluate your motivations. Journal about it. What is that something that you want to do or you are doing, and what is your desire/reason/willingness behind that? See if you can reconfigure your motivation into something more than your external appearance or weight loss goals.
The new, updated version of the Fat Burning Female Project is now available and ready for you! While I’ll no longer be running group classes, this 6-week DIY course has every single thing you need to know to do keto for YOU.
Click on the Empower Intensive Coaching Library where the Diet Ego Coaching Call and the Self-Sabotage Coaching Call are now available. These can both come in handy this time of year.
“When you trust your body and intuition and use that to guide your actions, behaviors, and choices, you don’t need motivation… because you fully trust and understand and enjoy your life and your body with that intuitive sense.”
“Change your motivator; change your WHY. Your WHY doesn’t need to be to look a certain way [or] to lose a certain amount of weight.”
- EverlyWell – Get 25% off your test using the code ketoforwomen25.
- Bombas – Get 20% off any purchase during their BIG HOLIDAY SALE: November 18th – December 5th
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.