Have you ever started a New Year’s resolution only to drop off three, four, five, six weeks later? How can you keep that from happening again in 2019? Here are my top five tips for sticking to your New Year’s resolutions. Enjoy!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My top five tips for sticking to your New Year’s resolutions
- Some tools that you can use for goal-setting
- How I approach resolutions and goals
- A lot of good can come from having a resolution, and there are some really great tools out there to create good goal settings.
- Your goals have to be super realistic.
- Don’t make your resolutions about your weight. Weight loss is actually just a side effect of what you really want.
- Health goals should be really, really tangible and something that you can have a way to evaluate periodically.
- Visualize what you want and write it down as specifically as you can.
- Start noticing some signs or signals that would point you towards that goal where you felt that way and saw that thing happen.
- Create a resolution or a goal or a series of goals to work on.
- Leave all weight loss goals aside. Instead, keep digging to find out what you actually really want.
- Make your goals known. Have someone or something that will hold you accountable.
- Instead of waiting a whole year to make progress on a big goal, make small goals every month.
- Work on a mindset goal. Release some negative and embrace some positive.
The one-day enrollment for The Fat Burning Female Project, with the newly beautified and updated system that we’re using, opens on the first day of January. To find out more information about the program, go back and listen to Episode 20 of this podcast. Sign up now and get notified as soon as enrollment opens on January 1st!
Also, watch out for my webinar on The 9 Reasons Why Your Diet Isn’t Working on Friday, December 28 at 12 noon, Mountain Standard Time. If you’re already too late to sign up for it, don’t worry! I will soon have it up on my website.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“In the back of a lot of people’s minds, when they make those resolutions come the first of the year, they pretty much know it’s not going to happen all year. They know they’re not going to hit their goal.”
“If you can’t make a goal that’s attainable, you’re going to forget it in a matter of weeks because it’s going to be heartbreaking, it’s going to ruin your mojo when you aren’t getting there when you said you would get there.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Artisana Organics – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your first order.
- Fat Fuel Company – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order at
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.