Why should you consider going dairy-free? And if you think you canât go without it, what are your options to be the healthiest version of you while still consuming it? Take a listen and be informed as I share all that I know about dairy.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The history of dairy consumption and how it has evolved over the years
- Pasteurization — why itâs being done and why itâs concerning
- The health complications involving dairy consumption
- The addictive effect of dairy
- Lactose intolerance, dairy allergy, and dairy sensitivity
- The benefits of raw pasture-raised dairy
- Dairy alternatives and alternative sources of calcium
- Pasteurization is a process that involves putting the milk under high heat, which destroys enzymes and results in diminished vitamin content. It also kills beneficial bacteria and promotes pathogens.
- In order to meet the demand for milk, cows are being treated with synthetic growth hormones that make them produce more milk than normal.
- Milk consumption has been linked to health conditions such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes, chronic infections like upper respiratory and ear infections, obesity, osteoporosis; cancer of the prostate, ovaries, breast, and colon; allergies, increased tooth decay, colic in infants, growth problems in children, and arthritis.
- 65% to 75% of the worldâs population is lactose intolerant.
- Dairy sensitivities and, really, any food sensitivities primarily happen because of a leaky gut.
- Eliminate dairy for at least a month or two and start adding it back in, and notice how you feel.
- Consume raw pasture-raised dairy.
- Make sure to read the label when you purchase a new item.
- If you decide to go dairy-free or youâre trying the elimination, make sure to check all the products that youâre using. Dairy can be present in your supplements, in your prescription medication, and even in packaged âreal foodâ.
If you donât want to wait until summer to get on The Fat Burning Female Project, consider getting on the self-study option. Itâs always available if you want to get started right now.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
âIt is 100% your choice if you want to consume dairy or not to consume dairy. Â If you want to eliminate and bring it back in, itâs totally your call.â
âThere are definitely some people who are relying on dairy that shouldnât beâ¦ There a lot of women who see incredible changes for the better when they take out the dairy.â
- Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order.
- Four Sigmatic – Use the coupon code shawn and get 15% off your order.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.