Do you know what I’ve been afraid to tell you until now? If you’re curious and you want to get to know me on a different level, make sure to listen in and find out!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 10 things that I’ve been afraid to tell you
- I look in the mirror and I don’t always love what I see.
- When I feel fat, my first instinct is to eat less and work out harder.
- I still use toxic products.
- I stop doing pretty much all stress-relieving techniques when I get stressed.
- I have been out of ketosis way more than I’ve been in over the past few months, and I’ve been feeling really good not being in ketosis.
- Keto is a stepping stone for me to do something even greater.
- I think you’re trying so hard.
- I think many of you are missing the bigger picture.
- The stress of keto is making you worse.
- You might not ever lose weight.
- It doesn’t always have to be hatred that you feel when you look into the mirror, and that’s actually something very powerful and therapeutic for you to start approaching in your own life.
- Every time you go through something stressful, it will get easier and easier for you to call up stress-relieving techniques when you need it most.
- It’s very hard to be a health practitioner in a strong diet community.
- Trying too hard to do keto can backfire. You’re failing because you’re trying too hard. You’re sabotaging because you’re trying too hard. You’re not seeing results because you’re trying too hard.
- A big part of healthy eating is not obsessing over your plate of food.
- If you’re stressing out about keto, it’s not going to do you any favors.
- You can be healthy and not skinny. It is much easier to maintain your health with a little bit of extra weight than it is to maintain your health while being underweight.
- Change how you view yourself. Stop being mean to yourself when you look at yourself in the mirror.
- Get away from the “eat less, move more” mentality.
- Avoid toxic products as much as possible.
- Do what you can to relieve stress in your own life every day.
- Don’t get so wrapped up in your diet that you cannot see beyond it.
- Get back to the basics and make eating real food your number priority.
- Take a look at the bigger picture and not just your diet. Take a hard look at your body and your life and your thoughts. Stop thinking small, stop being afraid, and start digging in.
- Try checking out #healthateverysize. You can be happy and healthy right where you are.
The Keto for Women BEST OF Series is starting next week! Make sure to listen to those episodes again as they drop.
Be on the lookout for Keto for Women Meetups! I will be doing one in Denver at the Just Be Kitchen Restaurant on May 5. Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to find out how you can sign up for the event.
If you don’t want to wait until summer to get on The Fat Burning Female Project, consider getting on the self-study option. It’s always available if you want to get started right now.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“We are our own worst critics and we always will be, so… it’s a work in progress. It’s a work in progress for me; it’s probably going to be a work in progress for you.”
“We’re all on a journey, every single one of us, and it changes every day… and it’s okay if keto is no longer a part of your journey or not right for now… It’s no one else’s place to say what’s best for you at each moment of your journey.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Artisana Organics – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your first order.
- Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.