How do you feel about listening to a nutritional therapy nerd-off session? Well, this episode turns out to be exactly that, with nutritional therapy practitioners Jimmy Moore and Christine Moore as they talk about their new book, Real Food Keto. Join us as we geek out and just go crazy over everything nutritional therapy!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Christine’s and Jimmy’s health stories and how they got into keto and into real food
- Going on the Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Program
- Putting all the principles of nutritional therapy into one book
- Tips to make sure that the food you’re getting is truly ‘real food’
- Tips for people who don’t like drinking water
- The importance and benefits of vitamins and minerals
- What’s going to happen to keto in the future
- Thinness does not equal healthfulness. There are so many more important things to health than how much a person weighs.
- Anything that is not ‘real food’ is actually a food-like disease agent.
- The more you eat ‘real food’, your body is going to get nourished and you’ll end up not being hungry as often as before, so you get to save on your grocery bill, too.
- Jimmy and Christine’s HEALTH acronym:
- Holistically healed and optimized
- Exercise the body and mind
- Absence of disease or sickness
- Loving yourself and others
- Trusting God or a higher power
- Handling day-to-day stressors
- Carbonated water can interfere with your body’s ability to digest and absorb calcium.
- Vitamin B1, the way it’s excreted through the skin, is a natural insect repellent.
- Not everybody can afford to eat grass-fed, grass-finished beef and other organic and free-range foods. But make the best choices that you can for the situation that you’re in.
- Shop at your local farmers market if you have access to one.
- Eat foods in season.
- Read labels.
- Get adequate water intake by doing the quarter-hour solution. Keep some water by you at all times and take a little sip every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 60 minutes.
- Take your weight and divide it by two, and that’s the ounces of water that you should have in a day. However, it should not exceed one gallon.
- Get a vitamin and mineral test to see exactly where you stand on vitamins and minerals.
Do leave a review for the show over on iTunes and let me know what you’re loving!
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“We’ve lost touch with what real food is… Isn’t it sad you have to put a qualifier in front of the word ‘food’ by calling it ‘real food’? If it’s not ‘real food’, it’s not food.”
“Health is not just about your diet. It’s not about the food you eat. It’s about exercise. It’s about you being grateful for your food. It’s about having faith in whatever you have faith in.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Real Food Keto: Applying Nutritional Therapy to Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Jimmy Moore and Christine Moore
- Artisana Organics – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your first order.
More from Jimmy Moore:
Jimmy’s Twitter (@livinlowcarbman)
Jimmy’s Instagram (@livinlowcarbman)
Jimmy’s Website (Livin La Vida Low Carb)
More from Christine Moore:
Christine’s Twitter (@muzikgirlmoore)
Christine’s Instagram (@muzikgirl1972)
Christine’s Website (RebootingYourNutrition.com)
Christine and Jimmy’s The Nutritional Pearl Podcast
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.