We are having the last round of the Keto Hot Seat episodes since I called out for questions a couple of months ago, and I’m happy to finally get to answer all of them! There’s always so much to learn and discover when it comes to keto and women’s health. Enjoy!
Keto Hot Seat Questions Answered in This Episode:
- What do you recommend when someone has all the knowledge about keto but can’t seem to get started and stay consistent?
- What types of supplements do you take to help while in ketosis?
- What are the ways to get high fat?
- Is keto a good fit for you if you have hypothyroidism?
- What are your thoughts on drinks that people use to get them into ketosis?
- When should you take readings with your keto and blood glucose meter and what ranges should your be looking at from a therapeutic perspective for epilepsy?
- What causes the dawn effect (a good HbA1c but with higher fasting glucose)?
- How can you figure out what’s causing your inflammation after making changes in your diet and being on keto for about a month?
- Are there side effects you should worry about when taking bioidentical progesterone?
- How do I keep from getting candida or something else after having to take a round of antibiotics for an infection?
- What can you do when you’re already in ketosis but still don’t feel fat-adapted and still low in energy? How can you get from ketosis to fully fat-adapted?
- Is it safe to go in and out of ketosis?
- What are the optimal blood sugar readings?
- Is it okay to fast for 6 to 8 hours after a workout? And is it better to work out on a fasted state?
- What makes you get back into ketosis after eating something non-keto fast?
- Does constipation cause weight gain? What can you do to have a regular bowel movement? Does taking MCT help?
- If you can’t stick with something that you know is healthy when building health for yourself, then it’s time for you to start digging a bit deeper into your mental and emotional space.
- It’s important to remember to not only test your fasting blood sugar and determine whether you have blood sugar issues based on that number, especially if you’re in ketosis. If you truly want to know your blood sugar, you should always test one hour after a meal and two hours after a meal.
- When you work out, the goal is always to get the best workout possible.
- If your goal is to lose fat and increase your metabolism, fasting and working out is not a good combination to achieve that.
- One of the many causes of constipation is our emotions. We hold a lot of emotion in our gut — stress, fear, sadness, loneliness, things that we as women feel strongly and deeply.
- Continue to go back to your bigger why and remember what it is that you’re here to do and what you’re trying to use keto to bring you.
- Use your meat and your vegetables as a vehicle for fat, and add more sauces, mayonnaise, dressings, and stuff like that to your food to get higher fat.
- Take probiotics regularly to support your gut health.
- Stop listening to other people telling you to do something for your body when they don’t know your body.
Catch my Keto for Hormones Webinar on August 31 at 11 a.m. MST! Register here and grab your spot at the live broadcast! A recording of the webinar will also be available for viewing even if you register late.
If you want to be a Fat Burning Female, the final class of the Fat Burning Female Project of 2018 will begin on September 10. Grab this chance to get in the project at its current price when enrolment opens on September 4. Sign up to get notified as soon as enrollment starts.
As always, if you have any questions that you would like for me to answer, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. You can also email me your questions with “Keto Hot Seat” as your headline and I will make sure to get the answers out to you.
“There’s very few people on this planet that don’t need to take a probiotic all the time… It’s just the way our world is working these days. We have a lot of things that are fighting and winning with our gut bacteria so we just really have to supplement with that on the regular.”
“The problem with the keto community is there’s way too much information that’s not talking about you and your body. It’s talking about them and their body, and then everyone takes it as gospel and we all get really confused. And it doesn’t have to be that hard.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned:
- Episode 20: Keto Sweeteners and Treats, PCOS and Metformin Breakdown, Keto With No Gallbladder, Birth Control and Keto
- Episode 18: The Supplements I Do and Don’t Recommend For Keto Women
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.