Are you worried about the stress and the not-so-healthy food choices that come along with the holiday season? How can you stay keto this time of the year? Here are some tips to make it through the holidays and still feeling good by the time the New Year rolls in.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Tips to stay keto during the holidays
- The health and happiness scale and how to use it
- Tips to manage your stress and practice self-care
- What to do around parties
- Learning a more intuitive/flexible keto approach
- How to deal with the friends and family that don’t understand what you’re doing
- For the most part, those meals that you’re having, regardless of what time of year it is or what’s in front of you, should always be the meals that you enjoy but that also provide you health.
- It’s no secret that this time of year, the whole month of December, is the most stressful time for all of us. This is where we have to stay in the right mindset in order to continue putting our health as a priority and not giving in to emotional eating.
- What you eat is ultimately your decision. It’s all about you and what you want to do.
- There is so much room within keto, and this holiday season could really be a chance for you to experiment with how flexible your keto can be.
- The best way to start the conversation with someone who’s interested in knowing more about keto is telling them your story, sharing your health journey, and letting them know how keto has been for you.
- Ditch the diet mentality.
- Do daily check-ins of how your meals make you feel. Where does each of your meals fall on the health and happiness spectrum?
- Practice daily gratitude.
- Take your stress management and self-care to a whole new level starting NOW.
- When you’re going to a party:
- Bring your own keto dish to pass.
- Don’t go hungry. Eat before you go.
- Give yourself a pep talk. Get back to your bigger WHY.
- If someone questions what you’re eating or not eat and why you’re putting certain things on your plate, the simple thing is just to let them know that you’re working on XYZ health issues and eating this way has really helped it and is continuing to help it.
- Keep your ‘movement’ a high priority. Don’t stop going to the gym.
- Make sure you’re getting good quality sleep. Don’t let your stress levels get so high that you’re not getting any sleep.
- Keep your connections meaningful this holiday season.
The new, updated, and beautified version of The Fat Burning Female Project is coming up in January! So watch out for it!
Do leave a review for the show over on iTunes and let me know what you’re loving!
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“If you’re going into this holiday season thinking you are on the keto diet, you will have a much higher likelihood of ‘slipping up’ on that diet because you have that thought process still going on in your brain.”
“Remember, the most important thing is that you feel good, of course, during the holiday season so you can actually enjoy yourself, but also afterward, too. We want January 2nd to feel just as good as we do right now.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
Holiday Gift Ideas:
- The Holiday Trio by Natural Red Essentials
- The Starter Kit by Primally Pure
- The Spa Kit by Primally Pure
- The Baby Kit by Primally Pure
- Rasa Koffee
- Artisana Organics
- The Fat Burning Female Project
Podcast episode mentioned in the show that you shouldn’t miss:
- Natural Red Essentials – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order.
- Fat Fuel Company – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order at the Amazon checkout.
- Primally Pure – Use the coupon code SHAWN and get 10% off your purchase.
- Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 10% off your order.
- Artisana Organics – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your first order.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.