Do you strive to be healthy and cancer-free? Gain some insight into the importance of nutrition and diet to being a healthy person with a healthy body. Marketing executive turned nutrition counselor, consultant, and educator, Heather Cooan speaks on nutrition and lifestyle interventions for improved health and wellness.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Getting diagnosed with vulvar cancer and lichen sclerosus
- Fighting cancer with alternative medicine
- Doing the keto diet as part of cancer treatment
- Getting therapy as part of the strategy towards healing
- The things Heather realized about herself in the process of healing
- Techniques to keep the stress at bay
- Figuring out your values
- Lichen sclerosus has to do with your immune system attacking your genitalia. Symptoms include inflammation, itching, and thinning of the skin around the genital area.
- If you want to use keto for cancer, you want to get your blood glucose as low as possible and your blood ketones as high as possible.
- There are a couple of hormones involved in metabolism that contribute to tumor growth that are suppressed by the production of ketones.
- Consider getting alternative treatment for any disease including cancer.
- Keep the stress at bay.
- Take sleep hygiene seriously.
- Exercise in the morning to help regulate your sleep at night.
- Consider using an earthing sheet.
- Find out your values.
Check out the Unstuck podcast! It is full of short, sweet, no-fluff mindset tools, ideas, concepts, and action items for you to get into a better mindset no matter what your current mindset is.
“The more I started to work on myself, the more [my values] just came about. It turns out, health is a very, very strong value of mine. And having a working, normal, functional body is a very strong value of mine.”
“What do you spend most of your time and money and mind space on? Those should be the most important things in your life… Those should be aligned with your values.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Care/Of – Get 25% off your first order with the coupon code keto4women.
More from Heather Cooan:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.