What do you know about EMFs? Just how harmful are they? It’s a topic that I’ve been wanting to discuss for a very long time. Take a listen as fellow nutritional therapy practitioner Brian Hoyer shares some really good information on the topic.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What EMF stands for
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- The types EMFs or radiations that we need to watch out for
- Examples of things around us that produce harmful EMFs
- Dirty electricity and how it impacts blood sugar
- How EMFs damage the body
- What free radicals do
- What we can do to reduce EMF exposure
- EMF stands for “electromagnetic field”.
- Everything in the universe has an electromagnetic field. All matter has a relationship with magnetism, and so it affects all life.
- EMFs affect the minerals inside of our bodies and how they behave, depending on what the external magnetic environment is like.
- High-energy waves can break DNA bonds and mutate your cells.
- Light is a type of electromagnetic field in a certain frequency range.
- The natural light that we get from the sun is an electromagnetic field as well, but there are also man-made electromagnetic fields that we have from different types of light bulbs, and some are more artificial than others.
- Dirty electricity are frequency transients that are riding on the electrical lines in the house. It penetrates into the body deeper than a regular 60Hz electric field would.
- When you measure the body as an antenna, you realize that your body is a much larger object than the little antennas that are in these other meters that everybody else has been using. And so you’re collecting this voltage through the surface area with all these frequencies that are hitting your body.
- Free radicals cause oxidative stress in the body, which is basically what ages us, and it causes tissues to become damaged.
- If you have so much oxidative stress and there aren’t enough antioxidants to kind of balance it out, you age faster, your body becomes frailer, and your organs become less able to function the way that they’re supposed to.
- Watch out for the following: electric fields, magnetic fields, dirty electricity, the wireless, the geopathic stress, and artificial light.
- Consider installing a dirty electricity filter in your home.
- Reduce the radiation coming from inside your house:
- Turn off your WiFi at night.
- Put your phone on airplane mode at night.
- Switch out your cordless phone for a corded phone.
- Don’t use a baby monitor.
- Get rid of any electronics in your bedroom.
- Choose a bed without metals.
- Buy your own meter to measure radiation.
- Shield your bedroom with either the specialized shielding paint or putting a canopy around your bed.
Thank you to every one of you who came out to see me in Portland. I am still riding on such a high from our meetup! I have another one coming up in L.A., and if you have already signed up for that one, I will see you there! I plan to hold more meetups in the future, so be sure to watch out for those.
The Fat Burning Female Project for the March class is well underway, but I have decided to hold off on the next round until July. You can mark that on your calendar if that’s something that you want to do, but don’t forget about the self-study option.
Also, I invite you to take the Mindset Survey so I can better understand how to support you in your journey.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“We’re kind of addicted to the technology… And so there’s a little bit of emotional stress around that, too. Like how we have emotional connections to our food, we also have emotional connections to our technology because of the same physiological response.”
“With EMF, it’s especially damaging because it’s causing this inflammatory response and it leads to a whole host of issues. And so, really, the way to stop that cycle from happening is to stop the EMF from stimulating those channels.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order.
- ButcherBox – For the month of March, you can get 2 lbs of ground beef for FREE in every single box you get from ButcherBox for the rest of your life, plus $20 off your first order.
More from Brian Hoyer:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.