Are you ready to go beyond keto? Kristin joins me in this fun, light-hearted episode where we answer all your questions about ANYTHING!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Our top 3 favorite cereals growing up
- Our bad habits and guilty pleasures
- How to start a mindset journey or a mindset shift
- Top tips for a brand new NTP and what you should focus on in terms of business priorities
- Where to get your NTP certification
- How to deal with haters
- Great exercise alternatives for heavy lifting when you don’t have a gym
- Our travel plans
- Grocery shopping and our weekly staples
- Working with the Enneagram and other personality tests in your coaching
- How we feel about skydiving
- The top 5 things on our bucket list that aren’t work-related
- A mindset shift takes tremendous diligence, consistency, and self-awareness.
- With a mindset shift, what you’re really doing is making new habits and letting go of old ones.
- A mindset shift is a practice. It’s 100% all the time going to be a practice that you’re never going to perfect. It’s about the journey, so just let it be a journey that you’re always keeping in mind.
- When doing business as an NTP, emails will always be your best source of communicating what you have to offer and what you want to share to people.
- You don’t need to be in a gym to build muscle and do some heavy lifting. Don’t underestimate bodyweight exercises.
- Being out in nature is the best form of self-care.
- The steps to starting a mindset shift:
- First, acknowledge your thoughts that are coming from this negative place, thoughts that are hateful, pessimistic, and mean to yourself and your body, and judging yourself or others.
- Next, ignore them. Don’t give them any weight whatsoever.
- Then, work on reframing those thoughts. Take what was negative and replace it with something positive.
- Know your bigger why. When it comes to starting a mindset shift, it’s really important to start out defining what you hope to gain from it and why it’s worth doing it. Having that to guide you will keep you in the game.
- Keep a curious mindset while on your mindset journey. If you find something that doesn’t quite resonate with you now, it might be because you’re not ready for it. So stash it aside on a shelf and return to it later, and it might make total sense to you after some time passes.
- When you’re starting a business as a brand new NTP, don’t be paralyzed by your fear of getting yourself out there but do something! Whether that’s to write a blog post, send a newsletter to the handful of people on your email list or go out into your community and start talking to other businesses and other practitioners. Just get out there and let people know what you’re all about.
- As a brand new NTP, focus first on what you love to do and take the time to define your vision. Envision the lifestyle that you want and figure out how to support that.
“It’s much more than a diet. This is a lifestyle. This diet change that we’re making is one fraction of what we need to explore in order to be these truly happy and healthy women.”
“With any kind of mindset journey, getting started is the first step, and then a lot of times, it flows after that. So you’ll find that you stumble upon books or people randomly recommend things to you and it is exactly what you needed to hear or read at that given time.”
- Chomps – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order plus free shipping.
- Four Sigmatic – Use the coupon code shawn and get 15% off your order.
Resource mentioned in the show:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.