How do you cope with the issues you have with food and your body image? Clinical psychologist Laura Goldner talks about the issues that most women have and how important it is to be aware of what your body feels. She also shares how she draws from a wide variety of modalities to help women move from where they are to where they want to be.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What Laura does in her practice
- Helping women in transitions
- The issues that women have with food, eating, and body image
- Why it’s important to be aware of what your body feels
- Why so many women hate their bodies
- Connecting with your sexuality
- What people find “sexy”
- How regulating your blood sugar can lead you to freedom
- Locus of control: internal versus external
- The time of transition that you go through is an opportunity for enormous insight, enormous healing, and shifting the direction of your life.
- If you’re not paying attention to what your body feels, you’re not aware that you’re stressed until you’re binging on something, you’re not realizing that you’re tense until you’re having a full-blown panic attack, and you’re not connected to hunger and satiety cues.
- When we’re looking at the complicated issues around food and eating, there is almost always guilt and shame tied up with it.
- Doing extended breathing can be a very quick way to calm yourself.
- Your sexuality is a part of your life force.
- The idea of what is sexy that we have absorbed through media is usually not us, and so we feel embarrassed or ashamed of our bodies.
- You deserve to feel beautiful and confident and to do what you need to do to get there.
- There is a direct connection to feeling good in your body and feeling sexual.
- Connecting with your sexuality starts with yourself — feeling and loving yourself.
- Be self-aware and pay attention to what your body feels.
- Stop taking care of everybody else at the cost of yourself.
- Never be too busy to meditate.
- Practice the 4-7-8 breathing technique, where you breathe in for 4, hold for 7, and breathe out for eight.
- Look at your patterns with curiosity and compassion and not with criticism.
If you want to be a part of the mindset projects that I have coming up very soon, make sure to get on the interest list. Learn more and sign up for that so you can get the detailed information coming out this week!
“When women are in their best place, really grounded in themselves and self-love, everybody around them benefits.”
“It is rare to find a woman who is completely at peace with her body, who is completely at peace with food… and so this was one of the issues that the general practice of working with women and moms became this cluster of really frequently occurring issues.”
- Herbaly – Use the code bloodsugar22 to get 15% off your first order.
More from Laura Goldner:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.