How do you deal with bingeing and emotional eating? What does body acceptance mean? And what do you do to keep from falling off the wagon? In this episode of the Keto Hot Seat, we go into round two of listener questions all about the diet mindset.
Questions Answered in this Episode:
- How can you honor your intuition and your body if you’re not accepting your body yet?
- Is there ever an “Aha” moment where it all makes sense and you’re free of the diet mentality?
- What do you suggest for binge eating tendencies?
- Do cravings and non-satiation mean you’re still in a diet mindset?
- What’s your advice for staying mindful and not turning one piece of cake in a complete carb dessert free-for-all?
- How do I balance intuitive eating while also dealing with gut healing and needing to avoid certain foods?
- What do you need to do to stop emotional eating?
- You don’t necessarily need to accept your body from the start, but acceptance comes quickly once you learn how to respect your body.
- Body neutrality is detaching the thoughts that you have from having any sort of emotional impact on you.
- Having a neutral diet mentality, being more free around food, using your intuition — it’s a practice. Confidence will help you build this very quickly once you realize that you do have this inner voice that’s smart and looking out for you.
- The more experience you have using your intuition and using that inner guidance system, the better and easier it gets, and the more excited you will be to keep using it.
- When you’re bingeing, it’s communication from your body. It’s your body telling you that something is up and something is off.
- The more you have a negative attachment to your binge episodes after they’re done, the more you’re going to do it again.
- Take the first step to body acceptance by starting with body neutrality and working on your respect for your body.
- Be aware of why you’re bingeing when you’re bingeing. Do your best to stay with the experience and be introspective with it, and don’t beat yourself up about it.
- If you want to stop bingeing, eat a wide variety of foods and find another thing that you can do to occupy your time and get you out of a negative headspace.
- When you’re emotional eating, figure out the emotion behind it. Is it boredom? Fear? Sadness? Loneliness? Happiness?
- Have a “fire escape plan” for those times when you feel like you’re falling into emotional eating.
If you missed the first Empower Intensive coaching session, the recording is now available for your consumption along with everything that comes with it. In that session, we talked about silencing your diet ego so you can listen to your body. It’s about that very first step to learning how to use your intuition and working on your mindset.
We’re also ramping up for the last Fat Burning Female Project for 2019. If you want to be a part of that, just head here and get ready to become a fat-burning female for life.
“With binge eating and emotional eating, it’s almost like the drive is so strong that you almost can’t stop it… so having [a fire escape plan] that’s already pre-made that all I need to know to do is to follow these — it helps.”
“You can’t use your intuition if you hate yourself. If you are going at it from a place of hate, you’re not going to heal your relationship with food, you’re not going to be able to use your intuition, especially as it comes to food and your body.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Lola – Get 40% off your first month’s subscription using the code keto4women when you subscribe.
- BetterHelp – Get 10% off your first month with the discount code keto.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.