Will you start gaining weight when you quit keto? Does eating intuitively lead to weight gain? How do you not gain weight when you add in more carbs? Questions like these are some of the biggest questions about quitting keto, and the answer is not an easy thing to digest. Listen in and find out!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My personal experience with keto
- What transitioning out of keto was like for me
- The fear of gaining weight versus the excitement of switching to intuitive eating
- How to find your set point weight
- How to get over the fear of gaining weight
- The only person that knows whether you will gain weight or not when you quit keto and start eating more intuitively is YOU.
- Your body is going to do what it needs to do to get back to the place where it feels most comfortable and safe. It might need to gain weight in order to do that, or it might need to lose weight, or it might already be there.
- If you lost weight through restriction, undereating, overexercising, drastically cutting carbs, dieting, all these things that we do to manipulate our food in order to try to see changes in our body, then you might gain weight.
- Lasting changes will not happen from a place of hate, fear, judgment, criticism, and negativity.
- What you want and how you feel have to match.
- Get to your body’s set point weight.
- Make peace with food and your body.
- Listen to your body to determine how and what to eat.
- Fuel your body appropriately.
- Make the act of taking care of yourself a priority.
- Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re satisfied.
- Get over the fear of weight gain.
- Trust yourself and your inner guidance. Find your intuition. Take the time to find out and see what it says.
- Respect your body.
- Understand and come to terms with the damage you have done, and undo the damage.
- Don’t let your weight and body define you.
- Practice body neutrality.
- Remember that your body wants to be well.
- Stay in the present.
- Remember, “Positive vibes only”.
The last Fat Burning Female Project that I will ever teach live is happening in October. If you know you want to be a part of that, mark your calendars for the enrolment on September 27th.
I will also be doing a live Q&A call to answer your questions about the course on September 26th so you know right from the beginning whether it’s right for you or not. If you want to be a part of that, just head over here and enter your email address to receive more details about it.
Don’t miss the next Empower Intensive coaching session on Breaking Up With Poor Body Image. It will absolutely change your life! It’s happening live on October 8th, and you can also sign up and get the recording right after.
“You have to want the absolute best for your body and yourself… When you truly gain respect for your body and you make that a priority, the intuition comes out a lot more and a lot quicker and a lot easier and a lot stronger.”
“You are not your body. Your body is your vehicle. It’s not your defining feature. It never was and it never will be. You have so many amazing qualities that have nothing to do with your body at all.”
- BetterHelp – Get 10% off your first month using the discount code keto.
- Native – Get 20% off your first purchase when you use the promo code keto4women at checkout.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.