Can you heal your body of PCOS by changing your diet? Yes, you can! Ximena de la Serna will talk about how you can be PCOS-free forever through a low carb high-fat diet and by making the necessary changes in your lifestyle.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Ximena suffered from PCOS for 20 years
- What is PCOS and what are its symptoms
- What high levels of insulin do to your body
- What happens when you don’t ovulate
- How to address PCOS and have it go into remission
- How fast you can recover from PCOS through keto
- What is the most important function of food
- What other things besides food that you need to consider when you have PCOS
- Having PCOS doesn’t mean that you have cysts in your ovaries. It cannot be diagnosed by ultrasound only.
- Insulin resistance is not a symptom of PCOS, it’s the trigger of PCOS.
- It doesn’t matter that you have the PCOS gene in your DNA. It doesn’t mean that you’re going to develop it. But if you give it what it needs to be activated, it will develop.
- Just because you have your period, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ovulating.
- Once you remove the disruptor from your body, then you can ovulate again. And once you start ovulating, then the free testosterone in your body starts to lower.
- Testosterone is not bad. As women, we need it. But we don’t want too much free testosterone that creates all of these problems.
- Food is a genetic messenger.
- You don’t need supplements for PCOS but they can be the cherry on top that will help you improve and become insulin-sensitive.
- Control your food by eating healthy and eating enough.
- Learn about your cycle and optimizing your cycle.
- Manage stress.
I am hosting a free live webinar about Keto for Hormones on Monday, April 30th at 11:00 AM MST. So if you’re interested to join, register now! And if you can’t attend live, a recording will be available for you. And if you have any questions specifically about using the ketogenic diet to heal and balance your hormones, email them to me beforehand and I’ll get to as many questions as possible on the webinar.
If you are looking to participate in the next round of The Fat Burning Female Project, don’t miss the one-day enrolment on May 1st. Not only will you be making new friends and be among peers who will give you support and encouragement throughout the six-week program but you will be learning a bunch of things about yourself and your body along the way.
And if you do get in the May class or have completed The Fat Burning Female Project in the past, then you are welcome to join The Fat Burning Female Retreat in Boulder, Colorado on September 14th to 16th. And The Good Gut Project and The Happy Hormones Project, which I run in small groups, will also be open to you.
And if you’re not yet ready to take on the 6-week course, I have created The Fat Burning Female Self-study Class which will be available real soon.
If you have any questions that you would like for me to answer in future Keto Hot Seat episodes, watch out for my post on Facebook and Instagram that says “Keto Hot Seat Questions Needed.” You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hot Seat Question” as the subject and I will make sure to get the answers out to you.
“The only way for you to be healthy is that you allow your body to do things itself.”
“You are the thing standing between your body and your health.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order
The Osso Good Bone Broths – use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order
Tribali Foods – use coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order
More from Ximena de la Serna:
More from Shawn Mynar
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.