Welcome to another Keto Hot Seat episode! We have so many questions to get through, so I hope you’re just as eager as I am to get through them one by one. Also, find out what I have done recently to change my version of keto to what works best for me, and I hope that you can find what works best for you, too!
Keto Hot Seat questions answered in this episode:
- Would keto be good for menopause the heavy joint inflammation?
- Does keto cause anxiety when first getting into ketosis?
- How do you discover how many carbs to eat on days when you go running?
- What is the best thing to do to prepare to go keto when the timing is bad?
- Does keto cause thyroid changes?
- What causes your abdomen to look bloated or less defined when you’re doing keto? How do you build muscles on keto?
- What should you tell your friend who says she can’t eat keto because she has a gallstone and she’s afraid to eat fat?
- How can you increase your ketones to push into optimal ketosis?
- Does MCT oil put you in a false ketosis like exogenous ketones do?
- Should you stop lifting and cardio when trying to transition to keto? What type of workout should you do?
- Is there a sweet spot for body fat percentage and hormones?
- If your ratios are correct, do calories matter for weight loss?
- Every day of your keto journey is not going to be the same. It’s different every week and every month. The foods that you were eating, in the beginning, to get yourself into ketosis now might be totally different.
- If you’re not technically in ketosis and you’re just doing really low carb without teaching your body how to use ketones or how to use fat as fuel, then your body going to freak out.
- Studies show that being in a state of ketosis is really great for when you’re doing endurance type training, which includes running.
- One of the quintessential signs that you are either in cortisol overproduction or in cortisol underproduction is weight gain around your midsection.
- You can get into ketosis quicker if you do some high-intensity interval training while you’re making that transition into ketosis.
- If you’re going to have a keto lifestyle that is balancing your body, healing your body, and getting you back to this place of ultimate health, then you need to know the macro calculations that work for you.
- Work on balancing your hormones through keto.
- Make sure that you are actually in ketosis and eating enough fat to fuel your runs and workouts.
- Keep your health at the forefront of the choices that you make.
If you haven’t seen my video series called Keto Roadblocks yet, do check it out! If you’re someone who is already in ketosis but not experiencing the benefits of being in ketosis, you can go ahead and watch the videos, and I hope that you can gain more clarity and more reasons to look into your own body.
“Whatever your keto journey is, it’s all about finding what works for you? but also what works for you at that time and being flexible with what is going on in your life or your workouts or your stress level, your home life? taking that all into account and being fluid with it.”
“If you have found the keto that works for you, you are doing the ketogenic diet that is super nutrient dense with really, really good high-quality foods? then from there calories aren’t going to matter that much.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – Use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15% off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
TRIBALI Foods – Use the coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order.
ButcherBox – Get $20 off your order plus free 1.5 lb bacon
Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order.
Resources mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.