What is intuition, and how can you become intuitive? If you have been on any sort of diet or workout routine or anything where there was this huge disconnect between your mind and your body, then this episode is one that you really have to take to heart. Stephanie Dodier is back on the podcast and she talks about the tools that you need to become an intuitive eater and how to become intuitive in all aspects of your life.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Stephanie’s relationship with food in the past
- What it means to go beyond the food
- How medicine has evolved over time
- What is intuition
- Intuitive eating vs dieting
- How to blend keto and intuitive eating
- The steps to intuitive eating
- Body neutrality vs body positivity
- In the last 150 years, medicine has evolved to become very science-driven because of the development of technology. Medical culture tells us that we can test, probe, and cut as a means of achieving health.
- In ancient times, the healers did not only consider the physical body but also the emotional, mental, and spiritual parts of the human being.
- The goal of medicine for thousands of years has always been to prevent disease.
- Intuitive eating is a self-care eating framework that connects your mind to your body.
- The ultimate goal for your physical body is to keep you alive through health.
- We are all born intuitive eaters. No matter how broken you think you are, you still have it within you.
- Being able to feel your hunger and your fullness is the base of intuitive eating. If you want to become an intuitive eater, you also have to be able to experience satisfaction on top of that.
- If we get down to the biology of eating, your senses should be stimulated by the food for your body to find satisfaction.
- Part of intuitive eating is respecting your body.
- Working on your health might not mean doing anything with your physical body. 75% of your health is not in your body but in your emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects.
The Steps to Intuitive Eating
- Reject the diet mentality.
- Honor your hunger.
- Honor your fullness.
- Challenge the food police.
- Respect your body.
- Honor your health.
The Fat Burning Female Project July class is coming up really soon! Head on to my website and see the changes that we’ve made to the course and the option to become a VIP member. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter so you can get notified as soon as enrollment opens.
“This whole relationship of food to weight has to go away. Food has to become a pure relationship of love towards yourself… instead of fear.”
“Body neutrality, as opposed to body positivity, will allow you to have bad days… It’s not about loving your body, it’s about learning to live with your body.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Articles by Chris Kresser
- Why You Should Be Skeptical of the Latest Nutrition Headlines: Part 1
- Why You Should Be Skeptical of the Latest Nutrition Headlines: Part 2
- ButcherBox – The FREE BACON FOREVER promo is back! Order a box of meat now until July 7th and get a pack of free bacon in all your future orders.
- Phat Fudge – Use the code SHAWN for 10% off your order.
More from Stephanie Dodier:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.