What should we do when our diets don’t work, or when we’re never successful when we try to diet? Elizabeth Benton of Primal Potential talks about finding the solution from the inside-out and making small but impactful changes in our daily life. She shares about how changing our mindset is the key not only to lasting weight loss but, more importantly, to lasting happiness.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Elizabeth’s journey towards changing her mindset
- Healing from the inside-out
- Building mindfulness around your food choices
- Taking small steps towards wellness
- Sustaining the changes you make in your lifestyle
- Learning the stories about yourself and changing the narrative
- Building awareness through journaling
- The compulsion to eat something can be fueled by being disengaged.
- Doing some internal work around your mindset first will not only help you to lose weight but also sustain the changes you’ve made in your lifestyle.
- If you don’t change the way you think, then you will continue to stumble at the same excuses, the same setbacks, the same barriers that you always did before.
- There’s a difference between not having control and not taking control. Anybody who tells themselves they don’t have control when it comes to their diet and lifestyle isn’t being honest. They do have control, but they’re not taking it.
- Change your mindset.
- Commit to making changes in your lifestyle, one small thing at a time.
- Start your day by identifying how you want to feel today. As Elizabeth’s mantra goes, “The goal is the feeling.”
- Build awareness through journaling.
If you signed up on my email list and you haven’t seen an email from me in a while, check your junk or spam folder for them. If you haven’t yet subscribed, you can also do that on my website.
If you missed the enrolment for the July class of The Fat Burning Female Project, don’t forget that you always have the option to do The Fat Burning Female Self-Study. You can start on that now, and then upgrade in October when the enrolment opens for the next group class.
“Change isn’t something that happens from the outside-in… It really has to begin with changing the way you think and changing your mindset. And when you do that, you just remove all the barriers.”
“We can get short-term results with short-term strategies, but that’s a crappy way to live because you keep doing all of this work only to do it again.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Chasing Cupcakes: How One Broke, Fat Girl Transformed Her Life (and How You Can, Too) by Elizabeth Benton
- ButcherBox – For the month of July, new members can get burgers all summer! If you sign up today, you get a FREE package of 6 burger patties in every single box you order through October 15, 2019.
- Native – Use the promo code keto4women and get 20% off your first purchase.
More from Elizabeth Benton:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.