What are the mitochondria and how does keto help with mitochondrial biogenesis? The founder and medical director of Spectra Wellness Solutions, Dr. Lisa Saff Koche, talks about the benefits of the ketogenic diet when it comes to enhancing mitochondrial function.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Lisa’s personal health journey and what got her on the keto path
- How the mitochondria works
- What can go wrong with our mitochondria
- What the ketogenic diet can do for our mitochondria
- Energy work and how important it is to an all-encompassing holistic health plan
- How to tell if you need to work on your energy fields
- We need good-functioning mitochondria in order to feel energized and have all the processes in our body systems work.
- The organs that demand the most amount of energy such as the brain, the heart, the detox organs like the kidney and the liver, and the ovaries have more mitochondria in each cell.
- Being in a ketogenic state and having higher levels of ketones seems to have a potent anti-inflammatory impact through different signaling molecules and directly signal the body to make new mitochondria.
- If you look inside the mitochondria when we’re using fat as fuel instead of carbohydrates and glucose, the internal free radical production that can cause mitochondrial death is dramatically decreased.
- We not only have a physical body but an energy body as well.
- Acupuncture is probably the most well-known energy technique.
- Our energy field also needs to be cared for and optimized.
- Consider working with a chiropractor and an acupuncturist to optimize your energy field and address health problems.
- Get exposed to the sun in the mornings and do grounding.
This Holiday Season, I am giving the option to gift The Fat Burning Female Project so you can now put it on your wishlist! Or you can give it to someone you know would love to receive it! Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“[Ketones] is a cleaner fuel source in every way… You just have more bang for your buck, basically, utilizing ketones as fuel over carbohydrates.”
“When you do trigger mitochondrial biogenesis… you have to also clear the old out of the way, too. So it’s like you’re almost rebuilding your body completely from the inside out.”
- The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
- Fat Fuel Company – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order at the Amazon checkout.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Get Lit: Simple Answers to Overcome Exhaustion, Escape Stress, Harness Limitless Energy, and Ignite Your Inner Athlete by Lisa Saff Koche
More from Dr. Lisa Koche:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.