Are you ready to burn through some more Keto Hot Seat questions with me today? There is so much to learn and still so much that we are all dying to know. We can never get enough when it comes to keto!
Keto Hot Seat questions answered in this episode:
- Why do ketone levels dip below 0.5 two weeks before menstruation?
- Why do hormonal issues like cramping, period pain, and mood swings get worse on keto?
- How can I get into nutritional ketosis?
- How bad is it to eat legumes on keto?
- Why do some people talk about carb cycling or re-feeding to break ketosis once in a while as a necessary action to ward off some perceived negative long-term effect of a constant ketogenic diet?
- In bone broths, are there bones that are superior to the others or have different benefits depending on the type of bone used?
- What is the most budget-friendly way to get your blood tested?
- What foods are recommended for Hashimoto’s or other autoimmune conditions? Why isn’t dairy among them?
- What is keto rash and how do you deal with it?
- How do you keep a handle on how much time you spend on your phone, computer, social media, etc.?
- Can anemia cause lower blood ketone readings? On the flip side, can iron dextran infusions raise ketone readings?
- What problems are you creating when you’re having those off-the-wagon days when you’re eating high fat and high carbs? Do those high fats end up just getting stored?
- Is accelerated heart rate part of the fat adaptation process?
- When using keto to treat a neurological disorder, what is the therapeutic level of blood ketones and how do you get your ketones that high and maintain them?
- How do adrenal fatigue and keto work together?
- Why would someone gain weight when starting keto?
- How does the absence of self-love and self-acceptance affect keto?
- What is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and is it beneficial for you?
- Our ketone readings change as our hormones change throughout our menstrual cycle.
- As soon as you experience stress, it shows up in your menstrual cycle because your hormones get out of balance.
- If you want to get higher ketone readings, it’s really important to not just look at what’s on your plate. Look at your whole situation and make sure everything is falling into place.
- If you have been a past dieter of any sort where you have restricted your calories, then sometimes being keto can cause weight gain while your metabolism is adjusting. It is temporary and often necessary. It is healing and is not a bad thing.
- You have to start changing your mentality and your mindset around YOU as a person, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and just really love every piece of you for who you are today.
- Eat enough food to keep your body healthy and happy.
- If you want to get into nutritional ketosis, increase your fat intake by a few servings a day and drop the protein a little bit.
- Start working out if you haven’t started yet.
- When it comes to what to eat and what not to eat, find what works for you and find what makes you feel good.
- When it comes to making your own bone broth, look into the quality of the animal and how it was raised.
- When dealing with autoimmune disease, look at the health of your immune system and work on your gut health.
- When dealing with keto rash, you can take essential oil baths or Epsom salt baths and soothe your skin using natural creams.
- Supplement with electrolytes when you’re in ketosis.
If you are looking to participate in the next round of The Fat Burning Female Project, then don’t forget to mark your calendars! Classes will start on May 7th and the one-day enrolment will be on May 1st. Make sure you don’t miss out on a spot by getting on the email list at The Fat Burning Female Project website.
And if you do get in the May class or have completed The Fat Burning Female Project in the past, May 1st is the day when you can start making reservations for The Fat Burning Female Retreat in Boulder, Colorado on September 14th to 16th. So mark those dates on your calendars and I hope to see you there!
Also, I will be hosting a free live webinar on April 30th about Keto for Hormones. Registration will be about a week prior, so you will have plenty of time to register and be able to attend that live. A recording will also be available, so you can watch out for more information about that.
“Self-love and self-acceptance are absolutely essential to healing your body.”
“Right now, today, you need to love every piece of yourself.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order
The Osso Good Bone Broths – use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order
Tribali Foods – use coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order
Past episodes mentioned:
More from Shawn Mynar
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.