Welcome to another edition of the Keto Hot Seat! It’s going to be another fun episode, full packed with information and answers to questions that you’re looking for. Enjoy!
Keto Hot Seat questions answered in this episode:
- Can you supplement with glutamine while in ketosis?
- What is the difference between food sensitivities and food allergies? How do you test for food sensitivities?
- Should you take bio-identical progesterone or bio-identical hormones in general?
- What lab tests should you ask for when you visit a doctor?
- What are the pros and cons of fat bombs?
- What can you do about keto rash?
- When is the best time of the day to check ketones?
- What are some of the misconceptions that people have about keto?
- How can someone with a history of fibroids benefit from the keto lifestyle while also trying to conceive?
- What is your take on fat fasting in the morning and then eating around noon?
- How does changing to keto help with anxiety and depression?
- What would be a suggested meal and timing for someone who works nights?
- How can you get back to lifting after just becoming keto?
- Would it be okay to eat soy products a few times a week?
- What causes restless legs at night?
- People have more food sensitivities than they do allergies. So just because you’re not allergic to any food, it doesn’t mean you’re not sensitive to that food. And vice versa, just because you are sensitive to the food, it doesn’t mean you’re allergic to it.
- A lot of times bio-identical hormones are used as a band-aid without looking deeper into what’s going on with your body. It’s supplementing what your body is not doing on its own instead of finding out why it’s not doing that on its own and working to heal that.
- We really all should know our fasting insulin level because it’s one of the reasons why we struggle with keto even when we’re doing keto 100%. The reason why we don’t see weight loss or energy gain or mental clarity and other supposed benefits of keto is that even though our blood sugar levels are fine, our insulin levels are not.
- Ketone production is amazing for the immune system, which is what will heal your autoimmune disease.
- A lot of anxiety and depression and mood issues are tied to blood sugar response and caused by blood sugar swings. When our blood sugar balances out, our mood balances out, too.
- Closely monitor your hormone levels if you are taking bio-identical hormones. If you don’t test frequently enough, you could get way overdosed.
- Get as much testing done when you visit your doctor and get someone to read your results from a more functional medicine perspective.
- Test your insulin level every six months.
- Eat when you’re hungry and make sure to eat enough food.
- Be intuitive with your workouts and your exercise.
If you missed out on joining the July class of The Fat Burning Female Project, no worries! You can either can wait until September for when the next class will start, or you can join The Fat Burning Female Self-Study, which you can enroll in anytime. And look out for The Fat Burning Female Retreat coming in September!
“You can get all the tests in the world, but if you’re not seeing the right person that’s going to look at it from a different lens to let you know how you’re actually doing before it gets too bad, then they’re kind of pointless.”
“One of the best things about going keto is to calm the sugar dragon and get your need to binge or your cravings or any sort of having this attraction to carbs and sweets? but when you get off of that, it’s really, really nice. It’s very freeing.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – Use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15% off your order.
The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
TRIBALI Foods – Use the coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order.
ButcherBox – Get $20 off your order plus free 1.5 lb bacon
Rasa Koffee – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order.
Resources mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned:
- Episode 2: Common Keto Mistakes Women Make
- Episode 3: Using Keto to Regulate Adrenal, Thyroid, and Sex hormones
- Episode 18: The Supplements I Do and Don’t Recommend For Keto Women
More from Shawn Mynar:
The Fat Burning Female Project
The Fat Burning Female Self-Study
Best Ketone Test Kit
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.