Welcome to another Keto Hot Seat episode! We are on another round of questions from the latest batch of Keto Hot Seat questions and I’m sure that you’re just as eager as I am to get to each one of them! As I said before, anything that gets us to the healthiest, happiest place that we can be is going to be good, so enjoy!
Keto Hot Seat Questions Answered in This Episode:
- How can you do keto without being obsessive about it?
- Can you recommend any pre-workout and post-workout drinks or powders that are sweetened naturally and don’t have a ton of artificial colors and dyes?
- Does it matter how much stevia we put in our coffee?
- What does it mean when you’re on keto but have a low reading of T3?
- How do you know if you have inflammation?
- Should you worry about your glucose being too low when you’re on keto?
- Should you use DIM to address estrogen dominance only for certain days of the month?
- Why is the ketosis magic number 0.5 and above?
- What could possibly be wrong when you’re in ketosis but still have high testosterone levels?
- What can I do to lose weight when I still haven’t lost weight even after being on keto for five months?
- How can you tell the difference between extra fat that is hanging around due to healing that still needs to occur versus where your body naturally healthfully wants to be?
- Is it common to have a dip in your ketone levels during the three days before your period starts?
- If hair loss is triggered by events two to three months prior, does that mean improvements will also take that long to be seen as well?
- After you’ve lost all the fat you’ve wanted to lose, is there a way that you can be keto and gain muscle mass?
- Can keto work for endurance athletes?
- The emotional and mental patterns that we have around our food choices is something that’s been ingrained in us and something that we really need to change by working on our mindsets and how we perceive ourselves.
- There are a lot of people who are obsessed with keto but there’s really nothing to be obsessed about it.
- There is no real need for either a pre-workout or a post-workout drink. Whatever you’re trying to gain from such drinks would better be gotten from real food.
- There’s a big difference in the quality between a packet of stevia in powder form versus organic stevia that comes in liquid form because there is a really good possibility that manufacturers add in other types of chemical sweeteners to stevia in granulated form, and they can do so without even having to put it on the label.
- Inflammation is not only located in your gut. You can have systemic inflammation as well as inflammation in other body parts.
- One of the best indicators of inflammation is feeling puffy or water-retained.
- Estrogen dominance happens when you are producing an excess level of estrogen or a low level of progesterone or both, that causes the relationship between those two hormones to be out of balance.
- Having low levels of progesterone is more common than having excess levels of estrogen.
- There are many possible reasons as to why you may not be getting into ketosis besides food, such as past blood sugar issues, a high or low stress response, not sleeping well, not drinking enough water and having irregular bowel movements.
- If you build muscle, you will lose the fat you want to lose. It’s just how the body works.
- If you want to do keto right without ending up being obsessive about it, I highly recommend that you join the Fat Burning Female Project.
- Choose the organic liquid form of stevia instead of the powder form.
- If you are having a sluggish liver or if you’re not detoxing appropriately, consider taking DIM to help with your estrogen dominance.
- To gain muscle mass, increase your protein, increase your carbohydrates, stay in ketosis and do workouts that involve weight-bearing exercises.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“It’s possible to be keto and not be obsessed with it. And really, that’s the best way to go. But you’ve got to start with some bare-bones stuff first.”
“Once you’re there and you have that mentality of just wanting to be happy and balanced and healthy, then you’ll feel it. You’ll feel it when it’s there.”
- Natural Red Essentials – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order.
- Fat Fuel Company – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order at the Amazon checkout.
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- 22 Signs You’re Keto-ing Too Hard — #060
- Detox And Liver Health With Keto — #044
- Why Women Gain Or Can’t Lose Weight (Even With Keto): Part 1 — #010
- Estrogen Dominance, Adrenal Fatigue, PCOS, Menopause, Thyroid, Leptin: Why Women Gain Weight (Even On Keto): Part 2 — #011
- Keto For Healthy Hormones At Every Age with Jackie Eberstein, RN — #007
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.