Would you ever try giving the carnivore diet a shot? What are some of the benefits that you can get out of it? In this episode, I share the results of my journey through seven days of being a carnivore and my thoughts on the experiment. Plus, I will get through some of the Keto Hot Seat questions that I received by email.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What my 7-day carnivore experiment looked like
- The good things I experienced as a result of going carnivore
- Getting back to intuitive eating
- Why we should eat more protein
- Why you should try going carnivore
Keto Hot Seat Questions Answered in This Episode:
- How can you feel better endurance-wise with your workouts?
- Should you look at your calories or just go by how your body feels?
- What can you do to avoid getting dizzy when doing an intense workout in the morning without food?
- Is it true that strenuous exercise causes your body to release cortisol (which is a bad thing if you have PCOS and if your hormones are already imbalanced)?
- If you’re out and about, traveling, and need some food and only have access to convenience stores, what keto snacks should you get?
- What can you do when you’re having a hard time getting into ketosis?
- Is it possible to develop food sensitivities as you get more and more keto adapted?
- How come some people may not have perfect blood glucose numbers even though they are on strict keto?
- Vegetables are a great source of the micronutrients that many of us are deficient in, but so are good high-quality meat. 100% grass fed, grass finished beef, wild caught fish, pasture-raised pork, pasture-raised chicken, and pasture-raised eggs are also very rich in the micronutrients that you need.
- Because meat is easier to digest than vegetables most of the time, it’s also easier for us to absorb the nutrients found in meat than in vegetables.
- Intuitive eating is a practice. It’s something that you have to monitor and occasionally get a grip on.
- Amino acids are builders and maintainers of our muscles, and so taking more of it will help our metabolism. The more muscles you have, the higher your metabolism will be because you need more energy to sustain those muscle versus fat.
- Make sure that you’re getting good, high-quality meat.
- Increase the protein in your diet.
- Try going carnivore yourself and make it a good learning experience.
- Make sure that part of your intuitive eating plan is to fully nourish your body.
The September class of The Fat Burning Female Project is well underway, but The Fat Burning Female Self-Study is always open as an option for you if that’s something that you want to get into.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure your questions are short, general, and that you haven’t heard the answer to them before.
“That is the best feeling, to not be bloated. To be able to eat a meal and not feel like your shirt got tighter or smaller in the process… to not have that feeling after a meal is pretty spectacular.”
“Part of intuitive eating is that you’re listening to your body but you’re also knowing your body’s needs. And your body needs enough food. So knowing that, and knowing that’s a big piece of being intuitive and wanting to get healthy is fueling yourself appropriately.”
- Primally Pure Skincare – Use coupon code keto4women and get 10% off your orders until the end of September 2018.
- The Osso Good Bone Broths – Use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Study: Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms
- Keto Diet Bundle
Past episode mentioned:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.