Are you someone who’s about to go through menopause, are in menopause, or post-menopausal and just want to feel like yourself again? Figure out how to manage menopause and optimize your sexual health with internationally acclaimed menopause and sexual health expert Dr. Anna Cabeca.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What causes early menopause
- How to reverse early menopause without medication
- The keto-green way
- Why 99% of diets fail
- How to tell if you have a hormonal imbalance
- What perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause looks like for most women
- Loss of libido and what to do about it
- Tips for women of all ages to manage their overall health
- We have the ability to empower our bodies to heal itself in so many ways.
- From a revolutionary standpoint, when we’re under stress, that’s not a reproductive time period.
- The keto-green way is the combination of getting your body into ketosis and getting alkaline with an alkaline detox program.
- A diet is only about 25% what we eat. The lifestyle components, which make up 75% of a diet, have a huge relationship to how our body metabolizes to what’s needed to when it’s needed, and the list goes on.
- If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you want to make sure that you’re getting alkaline urinary pH. A urinary pH of 7 or higher is associated with decreased metabolic syndrome, lower rates of cancer, decreased inflammatory complaints and better hormonal balance.
- According to research, breast cancer cases are much less in women who fast between dinner and breakfast, at least 12.5 hours.
- Check your urinary pH and make sure that you’re maintaining a healthy urinary pH.
- Start each day with a green drink.
- Consider doing intermittent fasting.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Keep yourself hydrated, but be mindful of the way you hydrate. Don’t drink with your meals.
- Try to eliminate dairy from your diet. Dairy is a big hormone disruptor.
- Make sure to take the time to do self-care.
The next round of The Fat Burning Female Project is happening in March, beginning on March 4th. So if you’re wanting to make a change or wanting to do keto the right way, make sure to get on the waitlist and catch the one-day enrollment on February 25th.
Also, coming up on March 1st is my Downtown Portland Keto for Women Meetup at the NTA Conference. If you’re going to the conference or you just happen to be in the area, come and hang out with me! You can find more information about that over on www.shawnmynar.com/events and make sure to reserve your spot!
The same thing goes for the next weekend, Saturday, March 9th. I will be in L.A. and we’re going to be at the new Osso Good Bone Broth storefront. If you want to hang out with me there, you can go to www.shawnmynar.com/events for all the information you need as well as to reserve your spot!
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“Because early menopause can often be an autoimmune or hormone imbalance or stress-related reason, so we can reverse it. And it’s really important to understand that we have the power to do that without drugs, without medications.”
“We deserve to live the rest of our life pain-free, with good mental health and quality of life every day, and the best relationships. And when we’re healthy internally, we have that magnetism to connect us to the healthy people in our lives in really beautiful ways as well.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- The Hormone Fix: Burn Fat Naturally, Boost Energy, Sleep Better, and Stop Hot Flashes, the Keto-Green Way by Anna Cabeca
- Breeze Through Menopause MasterClass
- Four Sigmatic – Use the coupon code shawn and get 15% off your order.
More from Dr. Anna Cabeca:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.