When it comes to keto, there is always something new to learn and discover! Tune in as Angela Mavridis, the founder of Tribali Foods, shares about how she relied on the ketogenic diet to help with her own health issues in the past. As a holistic nutritionist and a single mom, she also talks about how to incorporate a healthy lifestyle when raising your kids.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Angela’s health journey from paleo to confusion and back again
- Instilling a healthy lifestyle in your kids and teaching them how to cook
- How stress impacts your health and what you can do about it
- The issues you need to be aware of about the meat that you put on your plate
- You actually have to adjust your food and nutrition to the stage of life you are in and to everything else that is going on in your life. Everything needs adjusting in context. What used to work in your 20s may not work anymore in your 30s or 40s.
- Being on keto can quiet down sugar cravings.
- When it comes to your diet, don’t just stick to dogma. Tinker a little bit and find out what works for you.
- It’s so important to not let the things that balance out stress go by the wayside. Sleep, community, support, exercise, movement, food ? all these can counterbalance the stress that’s weighing on you.
- Adjust your food to the stage of life you are in.
- Build your plate with a reasonable amount of protein that correlates with your body structure and your nutritional goals.
- Monitor your ketone levels.
- Do some baseline tests to know where you’re at when it comes to your health.
- Make sure you carve out some time for yourself to balance out the stress.
I am actually away when this episode comes out. I had been invited to be a speaker on the Low Carb Cruise where I will be doing a talk on Why Keto is Different for Women. I can’t wait to share the experience with you, so look forward to my recap of the event!
The Fat Burning Female Self-study Class is opening for enrollment on Friday, June 1st, and it will be an ongoing enrolment so you can join anytime you’re ready. I will go over next week on who this would be good for and who this would not be good for, so be on the lookout for that in the next episode.
“The best thing you can do for yourself is to take pride in nurturing your body.”
“Food can either be your poison or your medicine.”
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off your order
The Osso Good Bone Broths – use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order
TRIBALI Foods – use coupon code keto4women to get 15% off your order
ButcherBox – get 2 lbs of free salmon added to your order if you are a first-time customer
Rasa Koffee – use coupon code keto4women and get 15% off your order
More from Angela Mavridis
More from Shawn Mynar
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.