What does inflammation have to do with some of the most common health issues that people from all over the world experience? Leading functional medicine expert, Dr. Will Cole shares insights from his new book, The Inflammation Spectrum, that teaches you to love your body enough to nourish it with delicious healing foods.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What goes on in our bodies when we have inflammation
- Why inflammation is becoming more prevalent in today’s society
- Going for the holistic, functional approach to inflammation
- What causes inflammation
- The elimination diet and how to determine what foods work and don’t work for you
- Bio-individuality as it relates to lifestyle factors
- Taking a look at your inflammatory habits
- Why you should practice intuitive eating
- Problems arise when inflammation is out of check and the body’s regulatory system is off.
- On a clinical level, we live in a time where functional medicine is getting people the care that they need.
- What is the most effective option that causes you the least amount of side effects? That should be how you assess how you deal with anything in healthcare.
- The elimination diet is still a gold standard when it comes to finding out what foods work and don’t work for you.
- Food confusion is no fun, so cutting through food confusion is liberating and revolutionary for people.
- We like to separate mental health and physical health but mental health is physical health. Your mind and emotions impact your physiology, and your physiology impacts your mental health.
- It’s important to get to a place of clarity and stillness by lowering inflammation and balancing your body to have true intuition because sometimes hungriness and cravings can disguise as intuition.
- Know your options when it comes to healing your body, and choose the one that is most effective that causes you the least amount of side effects.
- Find out what your body loves and what your body hates to personally modulate inflammation in a healthy, balanced way.
- Find out where you’re at in the inflammation spectrum and see where you should target your efforts.
- Practice self-love. Feed yourself what your body wants and don’t feed yourself what your body doesn’t want or doesn’t do well with.
- If you’re keto, find the best keto foods to focus on.
If you want to be a part of the very last group class of the Fat Burning Female Project happening in October, don’t miss your chance to enroll as it opens on 27th September 2019.
Also, don’t miss the Empower Intensive coaching session on 8th October 2019 where we talk about the body image issue, and how to get over it. If you can’t join live, as long as you register, you can watch or listen to the recording and get everything else that comes along with it.
Dr. Will Cole said:
“While we’re living in very serious times with serious health issues that are in many ways at an all-time high, the other side of it is we can do something about it. And these are things that often people can do in their own life on their own.”
“There’s so much stuff that people can do that are very effective at improving someone’s health and decreasing risk factors, decreasing the frequency and the severity of these health symptoms and these flare-ups that people are having of inflammation.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- The Inflammation Spectrum: Find Your Food Triggers and Reset Your System by Dr. Will Cole
- Ketotarian: The (Mostly) Plant-Based Plan to Burn Fat, Boost Your Energy, Crush Your Cravings, and Calm Inflammation by Will Cole
- The Inflammation Spectrum Quiz
Past episode mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- ButcherBox – Until September 29, 2019, you get 2 lbs of ground beef for FREE in every single box you order for the lifetime of your subscription, plus $20 off.
- EverlyWell – Get 15% off your test using the code keto4women.
More from Dr. Will Cole:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.