What exactly is that one thing you’re still NOT doing to get 100% healthy? Let me clue you in as to what that is as I share my story around it.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The one thing you’re not doing to get healthy
- My story around meditation
- What is meditation, and why you have to do it
- The benefits of meditation
- How you should think about meditation
- The different forms of meditation
- The one thing that you are not doing to get healthy is meditating.
- Intuition is that calm, serene voice in the back of your head that’s going to lead you in the right direction if you can hear it.
- Meditation is about quieting down your ego so that you can be guided by your intuition.
- The benefits of meditation:
- Regular practice of mindfulness meditation reduces cortisol levels in the blood. It also reduces stress-related inflammation.
- It improves the symptoms of stress-related illnesses like IBS, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and fibromyalgia.
- The more stressed you are, the better the meditation works.
- Beyond stress, it improves your self-image and self-awareness.
- It brings a more positive outlook on life and improves memory, clarity, and attention span.
- It makes you a kinder and more compassionate person both to yourself and to others.
- Studies also show that meditation may help fight addictions by increasing self-control and awareness of triggers.
- It improves your sleep and your mood, and it helps control pain.
- Meditation is a technique that trains your attention and awareness to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. It’s about quieting the mind and redirecting your thoughts.
- Challenge yourself to do meditation consistently for at least 3 months.
- Find an app to guide you into meditating.
- Schedule your meditation. Carve out 10 minutes of your time per day for meditation.
- Don’t be results-focused.
If you signed up on my email list and you haven’t seen an email from me in a while, check your junk or spam folder for them. If you haven’t yet subscribed, you can also do that on my website.
If you missed the enrolment for the July class of The Fat Burning Female Project, don’t forget that you always have the option to do The Fat Burning Female Self-Study. You can start on that now, and then upgrade in October when the enrolment opens for the next group class.
“There’s absolutely no point in focusing or dwelling on the past, or focusing or being nervous about the future or what’s going to happen. We really want to stay in the present moment as much as possible.”
“[Meditation] is not about the results. This is not something you’re doing to try to see something happen as quickly as possible, and then you get frustrated when it doesn’t happen. We’re not adding that mentality to this.
Resources mentioned in the show
- Four Sigmatic – Use the code shawn and get 15% off your order.
- LOLA – Use keto4women when you subscribe and get 40% off your first month.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.