Have you ever experienced gaining weight following a ketogenic diet? In this Keto Hot Seat episode, I address all of your questions specifically about weight gain on keto. Take a listen!
Keto Hot Seat Questions Answered in This Episode:
- How can I be successful in doing the ketogenic diet while eating fruit and other high-carb veggies?
- Why do I experience hunger all the time while on keto?
- How do I get out of the calorie counting, tracking mentality, and not throw the towel in as soon as the scales stalls or my clothes feel tight?
- How can I do keto without packing on the pounds?
- What are the stress and sleep components to weight gain and what are some tips for proactively mitigating these?
- Why am I bloated while doing keto?
- Could my weight gain be because I still consume artificial sweeteners along with a high-fat content?
- Could it be because of food sensitivity that I’m not losing weight?
- If you have any blood sugar issues, especially high insulin, this is going to impact how you can tolerate carbohydrates.
- When you have high fasting insulin levels, you are resistant to weight loss.
- Lifting weights is the quickest way you can get your body to be carb-sensitive.
- When you’re experiencing a lot of hunger while doing the ketogenic diet, you’re probably not in a state of ketosis.
- There is no reason for you to limit your veggies while doing the ketogenic diet.
- It is common for individuals who are healing their metabolism to gain weight.
- Bloating is a sign of GI distress. It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with weight loss or weight gain.
- Limiting isn’t going to do much of anything if you have a food sensitivity because, no matter what, every single time, whether it’s every day or once a week, you are causing an immune system response and an inflammatory response in your body every time you eat that.
- Figure out what works best for you when doing the ketogenic diet and check in on your blood sugar.
- Be mindful of how you’re feeling. Really get in tune and connected with your body.
- Start lifting weights if you haven’t already. Move your body, gain muscle, and be active.
- Use your intuition. Make sure that you’re eating and moving intuitively.
- Manage your stress through the “Fire Escape Plan”. Create a list of things that you can pull up anytime, that help calm you down and ground you, following these six categories:
- People – People in your life who are non-judgmental and show up and support you.
- Places – Geographies that speak to your heart.
- Practices – Things like yoga, going to the gym, lifting weights, meditation.
- Books – Anything you can turn to and read that helps you get into a better frame of mind.
- Art and Audio – This can include music and podcasts.
- Sensory Experiences – Things like taking a bath, getting a massage, snuggling in a blanket.
- Consider taking a break from keto and see what happens.
I am headed to Portland for the NTA Conference, where I hope to meet some of you guys at the meetup that I’m hosting there. And then I’m also going to be in L.A. to attend Expo West to find the best products that would be great for you to potentially add to your shelves. So make sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram where I’ll be posting all about it.
As always, if you have any questions, be on the lookout for the next Keto Hot Seat call for questions on Facebook and Instagram.
“If you are someone who has gained weight while following a ketogenic diet, I know it’s not fun, it’s not what you expected, it sucks. But maybe it will help you to know you’re not alone.”
“If you love fruit, you should be able to eat fruit. There is no point in going through life not eating the foods you love.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Four Sigmatic – Use the coupon code shawn and get 15% off your order.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.