It’s time for another Keto Hot Seat episode with a purpose! This time we answer all of your burning questions about hormones. Hormones are super complicated especially for women, so if you have any misunderstandings about it, this Keto Hot Seat is the perfect opportunity to clear the muddy waters for you.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What are hormones?
- How can you tell if your hormones are out of whack? What are the symptoms to look for?
- Do you have to heal your gut first in order to heal your hormones?
- What hormonal imbalances cause hair loss?
- Are carb-ups at night suggested for women with hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- What causes terrible cramps during your period?
- What can you do to get rid of hormonal acne?
- What are the signs of hormonal imbalance once you’re in menopause?
- Will keto be enough to heal your body so that you don’t have to go on bioidentical hormones?
- What are the causes of low testosterone in women and how to improve it without bioidentical hormone replacement therapy?
- In order to truly know what you need to do to heal your hormonal imbalance, you need to be able to see the very specific picture, which means you need to get your hormones tested.
- The blood test that your doctor does for you is not an accurate representation of your hormonal activity because it doesn’t look at the total picture. When it comes to hormones, you need to get saliva and urine tests done.
- Your period is the best predictor of what may or may not be going on with your hormones.
- Your sleep quality is a big predictor of what your hormones are doing, especially if you notice that certain times of the month are worse than usual.
- You don’t necessarily have to heal your gut first in order to heal your hormonal imbalance, but it does speed up the process quite a bit to even work on them at the same time.
- Liver support is key to successfully get your hormones back on track post-pill.
- Get your hormones tested.
- Be on the lookout for symptoms of hormonal imbalance especially around the time of your period.
- Make sure you’re not supplementing with DHEA if you don’t actually need it. But if your DHEA is low and you really to supplement with it, only take it for no more than 90 days.
- Stop overthinking about food. Learn to eat intuitively and eat real food.
- Support your liver and your gut health.
- Prioritize managing your stress to fix your hormonal imbalance.
If you haven’t already, head over to my website to get hold of tons of new resources! There are even downloadable grocery guides that you can print or save to your phone.
Become a Fat Burning Female through The Fat Burning Female Project or The Fat Burning Female Self-Study and get access to the functional lab testing group courses! The next Fat Burning Female Project is coming up on July 7 so make sure to mark your calendars if you want to be a part of it.
“There should not be any female walking on this planet right now that do not know what their hormones are doing. Even if they’re great and perfect and fabulously balanced, it’s still kind of cool to know that. So I really am a firm believer in women taking charge of their health…”
“No diet ever anywhere will be the only thing you need to look at to heal anything. Yes, diet is great, eating the right foods is great, but it is one piece of the very big puzzle.”
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Keto For Hormones Webinar
- 31 Clean Keto Finds At Costco
- 40 Clean Keto Finds At Trader Joe’s
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight On Keto
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles and Optimize Your Fertility by Lisa Hendrickson
- Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill by Jolene Brighten
- The Four Tendencies Quiz – Created by Gretchen Rubin
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Ditch The Pill: The Risks Of The Birth Control Pill And What To Do About It With Dr. Jolene Brighten — #086
- Chomps – Use the coupon code keto4women and get 20% off your order plus free shipping.
- ButcherBox – For the month of May, they’re giving away 2 lbs of wild Alaskan salmon for FREE plus $20 off your first box.
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.